Saturday, June 20, 2009

What's with these Friday nights!?


I think if you are the sort of person that is looking to spend 2 months in Lycra, then perhaps spending two Friday nights in row packing gear is a not such a bad thing.

Yesterday was crazy. I went out to the ferries and picked up Simon and Ben. We then met up with Grant at MEC (only the greatest store in the planet). Initially we had our carefully though out lists in hand, diligently going through each one by one...but then the 'museum-legs' started setting in (I know you know what I'm talking about) and it started to get confusing: we just started grabbing stuff willy-nilly, and saying she'll be right' like the good honorary Kiwi's. Speaking of, yesterdays highlight was when the checkout lady asked where Grant and I were from, and I gave my standard 'yeah, I have a pretty messed up Canadian accent, eh?', and then just pointed to Grant and informed her that Grant was from Aussie...and I did so completely sincerely. Brilliant!

I must now take this time to pay my tributes to the early death of one of our members: I am sad to report the passing of Bougie's potentially-unfaithful Land Rover. This M.A.S.H. era steed has been removed from the trip plans. Bougie got it checked out by the mechanic, and the mechanic must have been a bit soft or something s as he said that it was not fit for the road, something trivial about the clutch, transmission and brakes being totally completely and shot...I'm sure we would have been fine though....

But as one door closes another one opens, and my wonderfull sister Caitlin will be doing the unthinkable tomorrow. Driving some 1200 km to take up to the trailhead in Banff, and then turning the Subaru around, and heading right back...now that's love.

2 comments:

  1. so do all canadaian homes have moose heads as fireplace ornaments?

    ReplyDelete